Monday, July 10, 2006

Photography

I suddenly got interested in photography. I read the theory, the techniques, the manual of my fathers cam. Yaqeen is attending a cinema school, so he's interested too. So we decided that once a week, we're gonna go out, pic some place in our stunningly rich country that we barely know, and start taking photographs. First friday was at "El Khalifa" , the photo shows the Sultan Hassan mosque, beside it is El Refaey mosque, and behind me as I took this shot is the old citadel of Salah El-Din.


What really shocked me that day, was the children on the streets and in the mosques, their innocense and joy at the prospect of being photographed, their aweet laughter that made me believe again that life has some real beauty in its folds.

I might publish some of the photos later on visual-halawes.

No comments: