Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Why I would like to be Alan Shore!!

Yes, I would, it's strange and made me think a lot, he's so not like me!! And he's not close to any of my former inspirers (will talk about them later) either.

But there's something no one can deny, ... he's so sure of himself, so sure of his place in the wold, so sure of his morals, he plays by his own rules, however peculiar you may find those rules and morals.

He has his own set of morals that stem from his own thinking and his views (political, legal, etc.) not inherited nor taken from any specific group.

There is also his way in talking to people, ... I don't want to be that flippant of course :) but to be able to convey your thoughts that eloquently is an invaluable skill. For that I am interested in rhetoric and dialectic, logical fallacies and cognitive biases (this can make another post yet).

And yet, yet another thing, ... (I'm beginning to think that I can go on and on forever) he's brilliant in what he does, ... and like most, I'm a big fan for brilliance.

Hmmm, ... what again, ... he's a lawyer, .... his work is most of the time about people, working closely with them, affecting their lives profoundly.

If you don't know him then you need to watch Boston Legal or the last season of The Practice. It's a character played by James Spader, a brilliant lawyer that is unpredictable and "ethically challenged".

Last but not least, ... he slept with Tara (Rhona Mitra) ;)

No comments: